It's big business too! According to the National Retail Federation, the average American consumer is estimated to spend $66.28 on their costumes, candy and decorations. This is an 18% increase over 2009. Industry experts feel the increase is likely due to the down economy and consumers wanting to spend a little and have fun this Halloween.
So let's take a look at the biggest brands of Halloween for 2010. Are you ready?
• Lady Gaga - no surprise here as she had a very successful year including a highly-publicized tour.
• Jersey Shore - as if it is not bad enough to just watch the show (which btw is a complete and udder train-wreck albeit one that is hard to not watch), tons of people will be dressing up this year as the crew's Pauly D, Mike the Situation, Snooki, etc.
• Avatar - of course the biggest movie of the year would make the list.
• Other popular movie characters this year include Alice in Wonderland and Toy Story.
• The Old Spice Guy - one of the advertising industry's most popular campaigns will come to life with guys dressing up as the guy on the horse.
• Twilight - this one along with vampires in general will be big because lucky us, the whole vamp lit trend continues.
• Horror movie villians - there will be no shortage of Michael Myers, Freddie Krueggers and their other creepy counterparts.
So there you have it. If you still haven't decided what to be you can opt for one of these popular Halloween Brands. Go ahead, we won't judge you if you dress up as Snooki or Pauly D (snickering). Want to add some good ones to the list? Leave your comments!