Some of the key points I have taken away are as follows:
- In today's economy don't underestimate the power of personalization - in email campaign, in direct campaigns, etc.
- Keep things simple. If a customer or prospect doesn't understand your offer how can they respond to it?
- Use social media to leverage your company and your staff's credibility. It will require an investment of time but one that is necessary to develop your online brand and compete in the online market, which continues to grow exponentially.
- Concerning social media, integrating channels is important to success for brand building and developing quality relationships that translate into business efforts.
- Don't underestimate the importance of search marketing: both paid and organic. It works and is a relatively cost-efficient way of reaching your target audience online. To be really effective with search, make your pages relevant, use keywords that have been tested or identified as being the most relevant options and continue refining your efforts to maximize your results. Because search is dynamic it requires ongoing effort.
- Quantifying results is becoming more and more important. Marketers want to know response rates, click-through-rates, overall marketing ROI and so on. Metrics should be a part of the way we as agency people communicate our successes to our clients.
- Always factor in the customer wants and market conditions into any of your marketing tactics because if your offer does not align with the economy or customer wants and needs it will be dismissed. Some of our agency retail clients are performing exceptionally well versus their competitors because the way they are positioned and the creative that we are developing for them are strategically right for present market conditions and customer wants and needs.
To download the report, visit www.marketingsherpa.com/freestuff.html and select the Wisdom Report.
To discuss building your brand on or offline send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.